Monday, September 21, 2015

Birthday Smiles Kraft vs. White Ice Cream Cone Birthday Cards

How was your weekend?  They always go by way too fast, don't they?  Today I'm wrapping up the Birthday Smiles stamp set with a fun little crafty experiment.  I wanted to play with the ice cream cone image for a card that would be super easy to mail and I couldn't decide if I preferred kraft or white cardstock for my background so I decided to try both!  :)


For the kraft card I stamped the ice cream images with Hero Arts Latte Chalk Ink and lightly shaded the image with E42 Copic Sketch marker.


For my card in white I stamped the cones in the background using Hero Arts Soft Sand shadow ink which I traced with an E41 Copic Sketch marker.  I then colored in the pink portion on the ice cream and hearts with a RV52 Copic marker which was blurred a bit with the colorless blender pen.


For both of the focal point ice cream cones I stamped them onto Neenah Solar White cardstock using Hero Arts Passion Flower ink (which is actually a pale pink despite what the case shows) and Bubblegum shadow inks for the ice cream and Hero Arts Soft Sand and Latte Ink for the cone.

To give my ice cream a bit of a shaded look, I used the solid ice cream image which I added a bit of bubblegum ink to the bottom and one side before stamping it again over the top of the first stamped image in Passion Flower.  I finished them off with a bit of glossy accents added to the hearts on top.


So which version is your favorite?  My personal favorite is the kraft, but my family prefers the white.  I would love to hear what you think.  ;)

7 comments:

  1. Very cute cards, Mendi. I love the kraft one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both, Mendi. My favorite is the white that shows off the pink so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both SO super cute!!! I think I prefer the kraft colored card - matches the ice cream cone!!!! But I see the way the pink pops off the white too!!!! Whatever you make always loos so amazing!!!! I am such a HUGE fan of yours but I really need to let you know that I won't be around in the bloggy world for the next 10 days - I am taking a much needed break - so except for already written and scheduled Design Team posts I will not be around and that includes commenting!! Please know that it is nothing personal!! But I am excited because when I come back I will be celebrating my 4 year Blogaversary with lots of giveaways all during October!! I did leave some details about that on my blog!! Hope the rest of your September is beautiful and that you keep happy!!! Hugs!!! I will be peeking in and pinning if I have time in the hour a day I have allotted myself!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taunya! You're so sweet to let me know. ;) I hope you have a wonderful break and feel refreshed and renewed! :)

      Delete
  4. Super cute cards! I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like anything kraft...both cards look great and I like how you did 2 versions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute single layer cards! I definitely LOVE the white one better. It has such a beautiful and soft tone to it and I love how the pink shading on the cones make it come alive a bit. I will say though, that the kraft would be perfect for a masculine birthday and the white definitely for the ladies!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete