Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Santa's Helpers: Santa Paws Christmas Card with Audrey

                             Sunny Studio Santa's Helpers Kitty Cat in Stocking Christmas Card by Audrey Tokach

Hello there!!  Audrey here!  Today I have a card to share with you using the little kitten in a stocking image from the Santa's Helpers stamp set!  I had my distress inks out, and I was playing around with making my own watercolor-esque patterned paper.  I used a bit of Barn Door, Twisted Citron and Lucky Clover to create my striped background.  I intended for this card to look like a Christmas package, wrapped in pretty striped paper, with a cute tag hanging from it.  

I stamped, colored and die-cut the stocking image using the coordinating Santa's Helpers dies.  I used Lucky Clover ink to add some color to the bottom right of the tag for a little more interest,  Then I mounted the image onto the tag with foam tape, punched a hole to thread my twine through and tied a bow.  I wrapped the twine around the back of the watercolor piece, taped it down with scotch tape and popped the tag up with foam tape before adhering the panel to a red card base.  I felt like something was missing so I added some tiny googly eyes to the kitten.  I think his wide eyes add a bit of whimsy and it works well with the playful, whimsical striped background.


Santa Paws


That's all for me today!  I hope you liked my card.  

For the sneak peek of the day we have another look at some of the images from the new Rain or Shine stamp set being released on December 26th.  You may use this umbrella together with the puppy dog shared earlier, pair it with some clouds or even use it on it's own for bridal and baby shower cards.



Please be sure to stop back by again tomorrow for even more inspiration from the design team!  Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute card Audrey! Love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Audrey your background is gorgeous! I love it! I love the colors and love how you chose to keep some of the stripes thin and some really wide! That cute image is adorable too and love the hint of hue in the corner! Happy Holidays!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete