Friday, May 27, 2016

Island Getaway Sushine Card with Lexa

Hello everyone!  Lexa here with a bright summer-y card showcasing the Island Getaway stamp set and coordinating dies. You already know that coordinating dies surely make your life easier, right? :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Palm Tree, Hibiscus Flower and Flip Flops card by Lexa Levana (using Tropical Paradise, Island Getaway and Sunshine Word die)

I chose to use all bright colors for this one.  It reminds me of one hot sunny day... it's just me and my flip flops walking under the trees' shade. Did you just smile imagining that? Or is it just me? Hehe. First I cut my pink panel to 2.25" x 5.5" and created a tone-on-tone background by stamping some hibiscus images with Hero Arts Pale Tomato. The bigger hibiscus are from Tropical Paradise stamps, while the smaller one (and the leaves) are from Island Getaway. They matched perfectly!

The circle diecut is blended with some Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey Distress Inks on the edges. I die-cut the Sunshine Word Die four times and layered them together to get some dimension. All the images are stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and watercolored with Distress Markers. I also cut a strip of burlap to add an extra fun texture for this card. Last but not least I added my favorite clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Palm Tree, Hibiscus Flower and Flip Flops card by Lexa Levana (using Tropical Paradise, Island Getaway and Sunshine Word die)

I hope you like today's card. Have a great weekend to you all! 


5 comments:

  1. Love the card~~great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card~~great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and the design! The colors are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lexa! Love the colors and that awesome pop of pink!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lexa - EVERYTHING about this card made me smile - the burlap trim, the cutely colored images!! That pink side border, just all the fun details you added to this card make it simple PHENOMENAL!!!

    ReplyDelete