Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Tropical Paradise & Island Getaway Aloha card by Lindsey

Hi, Lindsey here today with a card featuring Island Getaway and Tropical Paradise. This card has me wishing I was headed to Hawaii! There are so many cute images in both of these stamp sets, and they work really well together also!  Let's get started!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise & Island Getaway Aloha card by Lindsey Sams.

To begin, I cut a piece of black and white patterned paper to an A2 size. I then cut a solid piece of pink cardstock to 5 1/2" x 3 3/4". This left a quarter of an inch of the striped paper showing on either side of the pink cardstock. Finally, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 5 1/2" x 3 1/2". I did my stamping on the white panel. I simply picked out some tropical images from each set that I thought looked cute together. I then arranged them on my white cardstock and stamped them down. I colored the images using Copic markers. I tried to use lighter shades for this card to keep it nice and airy. I outlined all the images using a light blue Copic marker and added some Wink of Stella for a little shine! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise & Island Getaway Aloha card by Lindsey Sams.

That's it! This card was fun to make because I got to use so many cute images from both sets. Keep checking back to the blog for more inspiration. I hope I've inspired you to try your own collage card. I can't wait to see what you create! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey ~ You were right on with this combo of stamps and your coloring is beautiful. It's a fun card that makes me wish I was in Hawaii too!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome card Lindsey! I love how you combined stamps from both sets to create this island paradise! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linsey - you and me both - this card makes me want to be in Hawaii too - it also actually made me think of my visit to Cabo San Lucas - Mexico!! It was full of wonderful drinks like the ones pictured - I love your card, so sweet and so cool - wonderfully done!!

    ReplyDelete