Monday, October 24, 2016

Christmas Icons Snowmen Scene Card with Eloise

Hi everyone! Eloise here and today I'm gonna show how I made this fun Snowmen scene card. I combined a ton of sets today to make this card. As soon as I saw the little snowmen heads included in the Christmas Icons set I knew I wanted to somehow make them into full snowmen, so that's what I did today. The stamp sets I'm using today are Christmas Icons, Gleeful Reindeer, Birthday Smiles and Merry Sentiments, along with the Merry Word die also!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Icons Snowman Card by Eloise Blue (using Gleeful Reindeer, Merry Sentiments & Birthday Smiles).

To begin my card today I stamped out all my images. I used the Snowmen heads from the Christmas Icons set, I then used the outline balloon image from the Birthday Smiles set for the body. I also used the trees, sleigh strings and one of the little dots from the Gleeful Reindeer set. I used my Copic markers to colour in all the images and then once that was done I die cut them out using all the coordinating dies. 

Now I moved onto my background. I used various blue Distress Inks to create the background today, just ink blending the colours together. I also used my favourite water splotch technique to give the background a little more interest. I also then cut a snowy hill from some white cardstock too. I die cut into the background using a scalloped rectangle die and cut into the snowy hill piece I cut also, then adhered them together. I used liquid adhesive to adhere down the trees onto my scene and then used foam adhesive to put down my snowmen. I used the sleigh strings for the arms, the little open dots for the buttons or coal and used the balloons for the bodies of the snowmen, they worked out great!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Christmas Icons Snowman Card by Eloise Blue (using Gleeful Reindeer, Merry Sentiments & Birthday Smiles).

For the sentiments I decided to pull out my Merry Sentiments stamp set along with my new favourite Merry die and stamp in Versamark 'May your Christmas be' and then white heat embossed that onto the background and added the die cut Merry onto the background also. To finish it up I adhered my panel down with some fun foam onto a kraft card base and added a little double twine bow to the fold. To make it more Christmassy I added a little Wink of Stella to the hats and trees and that finished up my card today.

I hope you enjoyed and got inspired to look at your stamps a little differently. Check back the rest of the week for some more inspiration! :)

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      

      

3 comments:

  1. I love scene cards, and this is adorable! I think we all love a good snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this beautiful winter scene card Eloise! Love the snowmen~
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eloise ~ It's always fun to combine and stretch stamp sets and you can NEVER go wrong with an adorable snowman. Thanks for the inspiration! ~HUGS~

    ReplyDelete