Monday, October 10, 2016

Night Time Gleeful Reindeer Scene with Eloise

Hello everyone! Eloise here and I'm back with my card for this week. I was inspired by a card I did a few months ago for a previous Sunny Studio release, but I switched it up a little and came up with this super cute reindeer card! This is the new Gleeful Reindeer stamp set that has just been released along with the Merry word die as well. I love these word dies, they're so versatile and fun! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Grid Style Christmas Card by Eloise Blue.

To begin my card today I first started off with die cutting 6 squares to use on my card. You don't have to use dies if you don't want too, since they're square - you can just use your trimmer! I just used dies because they were convient for me. I then pulled the stamps I wanted to use from the Gleeful Reindeer stamp set and stamped each of the images I wanted down in the squares. I did have to use some masks since I wanted things to appear in front and behind and I wanted these pieces to be completely flat. Once all the stamping was done I used my Copic Markers and coloured in all the images.

Once all the colouring was done I wanted to colour in the backgrounds of each of the squares, so I stamped my images once again on masking paper and covered them up. I then used a couple of Distress Inks and ink blended over the images and created the night sky look. While the masks were still colouring the images, I also used my favourite water splotch technique and splatted a litter water over each square also.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Gleeful Reindeer Grid Style Christmas Card by Eloise Blue.

Now that all the colouring was done I could start bringing my card together. I first pulled some red and white striped patterned paper from my stash and adhered that down to my white 4" x 5 1/2" cardbase. I then pulled another piece of white cardstock and used an embossing folder to give that plain white piece some texture and interest and I stuck that on top of my patterned paper piece with some fun foam. I then used some foam adhesive to adhere down my squares onto that white piece. I made sure they were basically all even on there too - I used a t-square ruler to help with that.

Now my card was basically done I needed a sentiment. I was dying to use the Merry die so I die cut that out of some fun foam and gold mirror cardstock and adhered the two together and then on my card. For the word christmas, I masked off one of the sentiments in the set and white heat embossed it on some black cardstock. Then I adhered it down flat to my card. For a last finishing touch I used some Wink of Stella and added a little clear shimmer onto some of the images. You have to have a little sparkle on Christmas cards, right?

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed and got inspired. Make sure you stop by the blog for the rest of week to see the other ladies projects for the week, they're going to be amazing!

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

4 comments:

  1. I love the reindeer they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this card! What a wonderful card design and fabulous colouring too. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful card! I absolutely love the square design!
    Hugs,
    JO

    ReplyDelete