Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Creating A Background using Merry Sentiments with Lindsey

Hi! Lindsey here today sharing a card featuring the new stamp set, Merry Sentiments as well as some accents from Christmas Icons. I love being able to mix and match my stamp sets and these two pair perfectly together. Let's get started on how I created this card.



To begin, I cut a piece of white card stock a little smaller than an A2 size. Then I used all the different sentiments from Merry Sentiments to cover the white base. I simply laid out the sentiment I wanted to used and stamped it in either a red or green dye ink. I just built the design as I went, and I also added in some of the adorable images from Christmas Icons in order to make the card more interesting. 

I used Copic markers to color the images. To finish the stamped part of the card base, I added a piece of ribbon and tied a knot. Then, I popped the stamped base up with some foam adhesive onto a green A2 card base. That's it!



This was a pretty simple card to create. You just have to be patient when choosing your sentiments in order for them to "fit" where you want them. I hope you'll give this design a try, and I can't wait to see how yours turn out. Thanks for reading and have a great day!


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

3 comments:

  1. Totally cute & fun!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - I love this card, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun background!!! I love it, it doesn't look like you created it, it looks like real paper! Very well done!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete