Monday, December 5, 2016

Merry Sentiments Rainbow Lights Card with Eloise

Hey everyone! Eloise here and today I'm making a rainbow string of lights card using the Merry Sentiments stamp set. My original idea for this card was to just have the three strings across a card, similar to how the card turned out this time and to just have a popped up sentiment over top, but when I did that.. I wasn't sure I liked it. It was too clean and simple and needed more colour and if you know me, I never have clean and simple cards. So I came up with this card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments and Holiday Style Rainbow Lights Card by Eloise Blue.

To begin my card I cut down a piece of white cardstock and stamped down some branches from the Holiday Style stamp set in various green inks. Just around the top of the card. I then took a plate and traced around the edge of it to create the lines for the lights to sit on. I then used various colours of rainbow coloured inks and stamped down the bulbs. I stamped down two of each in case I made a mistake, but these bulbs are so easy to line up! Once everything was stamped, I could die cut them out.

Now, since this die is solid, there was a little bit of an issue. So I used a trick I learnt from Michelle Short quite a while back. All you do first is die cut the die out of some plain cardstock. Then you use the negative piece and place it over your stamped image in the spot where it's equal on all sides. Then adhere it down with washi tape. Then place the die over top and it should just fall into place, then adhere that down and you're ready to run it through your big shot. When you run it through and take it out, your image should be perfectly centred! I love this trick, so handy.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Sentiments and Holiday Style Rainbow Lights Card by Eloise Blue.

Anyway, once all my pieces were die cut I adhered down all my bulbs with foam tape, in my rainbow order. I always like to start with yellow first, I don't know why. But anyway, once they were all adhered I then stamped out the '& bright' portion of the sentiment at the top of the card in black ink. I then used the Merry die and die cut that out of gold cardstock and adhered it down above the '& bright' portion of the sentiment. To finish up my card I adhered down the panel with fun foam on a kraft card base and added some wink of stella all over the lights.

Hope you enjoyed my card today. Definitely wasn't what I was planning at all, But I love all the green  stamping at the top. I always love green on my cards! Thanks for stopping by today and check back the rest of the week for more inspiration.

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
       

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The branches are just perfect, the changes in the planning were a great idea !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eloise ~ Such a lovely card and a clever tip for die cutting! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete