Monday, April 24, 2017

Oceans of Joy Birthday Fishes Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here and today I have a card featuring the new Oceans of Joy stamp set. I love ocean themed stamp sets and this one is so cute. The images are absolutely adorable and there are so many ideas that I have for this stamp set! I'm also pulling in the Stitched Scallop dies and also Magical Mermaids for a few other accents to make my scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy Birthday Fishies Cards by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I stamped and coloured all my images from the Oceans of Joy and Magical Mermaids stamp set. I used Copic markers for my colouring today as they're so quick and easy. Once everything was coloured I used all the coordinating dies to cut them all out.

Once all my images were done I could work on my background. I used a few colours of Color Burst powders from Ken Oliver for my background today, I first tapped the powers in my palette and then added some drops of water to be able to use like regular watercolours. I then water coloured my background with the colour. I dried it with a heat tool, added some water splatters and dried it again. I then cut the top of my piece with the Stitched Scallop dies and then cut down the entire panel using a paper trimmer. For my sand piece, I repeated the same step as before and then just stamped the sand bank border with some black ink and trimmed it out on the black line. I then adhered it down onto the bottom of my water coloured panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Oceans Of Joy Birthday Fishies Cards by Eloise Blue

I arranged all my images onto my scene with flat and dimensional adhesive. I then lined up my panel onto my white card base and before adhering down my panel I stamped the 'Birthday Fishes' sentiment onto it with more black ink and then adhered down my panel with more foam tape. For a last finishing touch I added some Wink of Stella onto a few of the images and that completed my card.

I hope you enjoyed and are enjoying this new release!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
        

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eloise ~ Your card is absolutely delightful!! Such a fun stamp set and your coloring is lovely. Thanks for the inspiration! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your card. The colors complement one another and the composition has a very pleasing balance. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete