Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Happy Owl-o-ween Owl Trio Halloween Card with Amy

Hello everyone! Amy here with a cute Halloween card featuring the adorable Happy Owl-O-Ween stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Owl-o-ween Owl Trio Halloween Card by Amy Yang

For this card, I thought it would be fun to have the owls look different from each other. In addition to coloring them with different colors and giving them different costumes I decided to change the eyes as well. So for the two owls, I had to remove the eyes so that I can draw in my own. This is how I did it, I masked off the eyes by covering them with a small piece of washi tape before applying ink. After inking the image I carefully removed the washi tape and stamped it on smooth white cardstock. The washi tape prevented the ink from getting on the eyes so I was left with a blank space to draw in the eyes with a Copic liner. After, I stamped the other images and colored all of them with Copic markers and cut them out with coordinating dies. I assembled and adhered the costumes on the three owls as shown.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Owl-o-ween Owl Trio Halloween Card by Amy Yang

To create the front panel, I inked it using Distress Oxides. I dried the panel with the heat gun and used the powder tool. I stamped the sentiment "Happy Owl-O-Ween" with Versamark Ink and applied white embossing powder and heat set it. After, I stamped the stars (I cut apart the three cluster of stars) using Versamark Ink and applied gold embossing powder and heat set it. I mounted the adorable owls to the front panel and adhered it to an A2 black cardstock panel. Lastly, I adhered the black panel to a white card base. 

Thank you for stopping by the blog!  Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Owl-o-ween Dies
Happy Owl-o-ween Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Owl-o-ween Stamps
Happy Owl-o-ween Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments:

  1. Amy this is adorable!!! I just LOVE Owls... and this set makes me smile!!!! Love your card!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! love the background and the embossed stars!

    ReplyDelete