Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Hello Word Die Faux Shaker Card with Juliana

Hello friends and welcome! It's Juliana Michaels and today, I'm sharing a faux shaker card I created using the Hello Word die and Fancy Frames Circle dies. This is a quick and easy way to get the look of a shaker without all the steps involved with creating a true shaker card.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Hello Word Die Fancy Frames Faux Shaker Card by Juliana Michaels


I began by cutting the card front from a piece of pink gingham patterned paper which is part of the Classic Gingham 6x6 paper pad. I then die cut the largest Fancy Frames Rectangle die from a piece of white cardstock and layered it onto of the patterned paper.

To create the faux shaker, I took the middle sized die from the Fancy Frames Circle dies and cut two of them from white cardstock. I then used a circle die to cut a piece of vellum and glued it between the two frames.

Next, I took the Hello Word die and cut it from white cardstock. I then adhered it on top of the vellum to give the illusion that it was all one piece. For a touch of whimsy, I added a pink butterfly using the Free Mini Die that you can currently receive with every order from Sunny Studio.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hello Word Die Fancy Frames Faux Shaker Card by Juliana Michaels

To complete the shaker, I poured some sequins onto the top of the card front. I then adhered the shaker frame on top of it. When adding the sequins, I recommend spreading them out so they aren't piled too thickly on top of each other. The sequins won't be able to move around much with this type of shaker, so once the top is glued down, they will pretty much stay where you had placed them.

For the final touch, I adhered a few sequins to the front of the vellum shaker. Now wasn't that easy?! I hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration and maybe you even learned a new trick to creating your very own faux shaker cards! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hello Word Die
Hello Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Classic Gingham 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

3 comments: